Saturday, December 30, 2023

Gathering input is a huge part of making art


 On the first leg of my first mainland trip in ten years, I stopped overnight at an airport hotel near the San Francisco Bay in Burlingame. There is a nice little paved trail between the industrial area and hotels and the water. Before breakfast I took a wander along the trail and soon saw sea birds very busy a little way off shore. Most of the rest of the story I discovered after looking at my video to see what all the splashing was about! My best wildlife video of the year and I took it by mistake!

As mentioned in the title, being out in places is a huge part of making art. This probably doesn't need to go into a painting - the video says it all. I will definitely keep a respectful distance from seals...

No comments:

Post a Comment